Sunday, January 28, 2007

then again...

Things here have been smooth so far after all that has happened. It's just the start of the semester! I have to liven up a little. Meeting expectations, going for classes, being independent...there should be a balance in all of these. Of course, things are just beginning to make sense. It's like the pieces of the puzzle are coming together.

As far as I know now, instead of all my classes are not related to my subject, after attending them, I feel that they actually relate more than I thought. Except for Modern dance, the others were related. So here is the breakdown of the classes and how it is related to my major.


Anthropology : Helps improve my communication and research skills when it comes to people, interviewing them and the likes.

Intro to Creative Writing - Fiction : It's a writing class, for my major, writing is important in any form (apparently) and so this is not a wasted subject. It also hones my creativity side.

Psychology - Child and Adolescent Dev. : As an advertiser, psychology is important. It goes hand in hand so this subject helps me understand this area of consumers so that when I target them, I know and can use the right approach.

History - Terrorism, Violence in the Modern World : Is a class that at first, I had my speculations on whether it was useful. However, this class is a class that actually focuses on critical thinking and idealism. It helps in advertising as well because it not only talks about Terrorism in terms of the Iraqi case, but from way back to the French Revolution and the development of society in different areas of the world. Definitely worth attending.

So I have covered all the classes that I have been taking that at first thought that it has no relation to my major but after attending the classes, I thought... this will work.

No comments: