If you read this post, you'll notice that a lot of time has passed and things have rather changed. I had no time at all the past week to type anything because they keep the international students rather busy with activities and getting started on the necessities. I still don't have a phone but Nico discovered another better company and so I am taking that.
I have my laptop already? No, it isn't a Mac because in Montana, they don't stock these laptops, rather one has to go online and order them. It takes weeks to reach your place. That's why...I got a SONY Vaio instead. It's not the best of computers, a little pricey but cheaper than one in Malaysia, so I guess it has to do.
With that said, I have internet as well. It was a struggle but I pulled through. What have I did the past week? Fun stuff, I did Salsa dancing at a club, and going to the gym. I lost a few things along the way though, which kinda made me sad, one was a scarf while the other were the ski gloves. The scarf just disappeared suddenly one day...while I misplaced the gloves while buying this laptop... I know I sound not responsible but I am still trying.
Made a lot of new friends, the international exchange students. They are a friendly bunch from places like Kazakhstan, Morocco, Netherlands, Poland, Mexico, Chile, France, New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, Thailand, Japan, South Korea, Australia, Italy, and Tajikistan. A lot? Places yes, but representatives, they come in singles, pairs and one triple.
We are a happy bunch. I also did a Peer Assistant program where we meet American friends. Though I have yet to spend time with my PA because I want to settle my classes first. I feel bad but I guess I have no choice. I will make it up soon. I classes that I am currently registered are Linear Mathematics, Communication in Small Groups, Modern Dance, and Anthology.
The ones that I want to get into are Communication in Families and Creative writing: Fiction. They are all full...I hope to get into at least one more class so that I can fill up 12 credits. Have to do more shopping and I am running low a little, on cash that is cause books here cause a bomb. Imagine book prices at Taylors, only in Dollars and sometimes reaches > USD100!!!
So now I am finding a balance, getting used to things. Also, I've started to go gym again. I mean, we have nothing much to do anyways so its partially to take time off at the moment. It's fun cause we go together (an international student from New Zealand - Lucy). She is my gym buddy! Haha along with two Italians (Maurice and Sam) as well as Benoit (pronounced as ben-hwa, from France).
About my transactions, I got permission to pay late without getting the penalty so it isn't a problem to me now at the moment. Thank GOD!
Many more things but I will only type this much at the moment...it's getting late. Nites
Tuesday, January 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment