Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanks Giving

It was Thanks Giving yesterday and I was at a friend's place eating and drinking a little. It's crazy here how people celebrate this holiday (or any holiday for that matter). Nothing much was open! Also, it made me miss home for the first time after so long. The family gatherings, mum's dishes, and the traditions are what I missed most. I didn't know I was that into the Chinese traditions until when I'm here and when I don't do them anymore...

Anyways, a little update. Financially I am somewhat secure. I am covered until the winter break. As for the fees and all, I know I have 3000 to pay for lodging (not inclusive of the scholarship yet as that will add on only later). So I am seeing another USD 11,000 again this semester. Things seem to be going along fine. I just need to mail back mum's things as soon as I get the time because it's not very convenient to go to FEDX for it is situated downtown and I don't have a car nor does the bus go there... I'll have to ask Thomas.

No comments: