Thursday, February 8, 2007

ice melting

It has been quite some time since I've last posted something. Classes are now fine. Everything has stabilized and life now is rather routine-like. Means I get up, prepare myself, leave for classes, end of classes, go back. Go online or do some reading. Then its time for dinner. Eat, then maybe play pool or watch TV.

There was a pop quiz for one of the classes which caught me off guard. I managed to do fairly well so I guess that's fine due to the fact that class was Terrorism which I have not much to comment about but was surprised that I even know things. It has done a good number on me in terms of how I view things and that history actually isn't so bad.

I even know now that I prefer my Tuesdays and Thursdays because classes start at 11.1o am while Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, classes start at 9.10 am. I also should apologise to those that I have not mailed previously. You can just send me an email scolding me or something and I will add you to my mailing list.

Here in Montana, I found the place I love the most. It's a store that sells branded goods at a VERY low price, known as Ross. I have to try and control my spending here. It's easy to overspend and now that I've gotten over the habit of converting, I think things here are cheap if one has a reasonable job that pays at least 1500 dollars a month.

Also, I am slowly incorporating the habit of reading here. Not like I have much to do anyways. Here, its study, then billiards, classes, dances, then learn to use the bus. Nothing much I can do yet considering I lack transportation (the means to drive) though it seems we can drive as long as we have a license even though it's not of the international kind.

My main concern now is my studies. Classes here are great but there are certain things I don't fancy. One, pop quiz - these things can kill if you are in a class where you have to study more. Two, exams - the exams here are 70% from the book and 30% of the lecture, meaning you will die if you didn't take down notes.

Three, chapters - one must read chapters and be prepared beforehand which I am not used to considering I was lazy when back home. Lastly, lecturers - some of them are so annoying...

I am aiming for a 4.0 or at least above 3.5

On to another topic. Chinese New Year is coming soon and the plan is to have steamboat at Hisham's place, organised by Faye. I have bought new year clothes, and shoes. So don't worry about me...I miss the family still and this is the first CNY spent without them. It's just gonna be all fun.

Did I mention I plan to come back for Summer? Most of us are. Considering I miss the food, the friends and family (dog too) and my bed. It's cheaper anyways. So we'll all be coming back to meet up with our friends still in ADP then as we leave, a WHOLE group of us will be leaving together to various parts of US. But first...we'll have to see how spring will be.

No comments: