The program has various inputs of information from providing notes, online exams, to Japanese people young and old alike plus their Summer program where different affiliated schools send their students to our university to have a crash course in American culture as well as improve their English language skills.
As a volunteer, my activities are mainly assisting the program directors with the students by helping them with their homework (Grammar check, sentence structure, pronunciation, increase in vocabulary, etc.) as well as various random work (such as sports activities, entertainment, showing them around town, etc.). I usually get up at 10 a.m. get ready and leave by 11:15 a.m. where I'll be helping them at an assigned time called 'Study Hall' where the students complete their homework for the day.
After Study Hall, they usually drag us volunteers around going through various activities, especially sports. In a day itself, I've done basketball, volleyball, dodge ball, Frisbee, Ping pong, Foosball, Uno cards, and Trump card games. And that's just for one day. They had to walk downtown and back, go on a Merry-go-round. It was later topped by the next day where I had to hike up the 'M' with them... My feet hurt now and I had cramps twice on both legs. A fun experience yet painful, I'd say...
So here are some pictures:
No comments:
Post a Comment